The 6 best football (soccer) songs ever

dc1As I have been watching all the music awards lately I decided we should do one for soccer songs. The Better Soccer Coaching Awards:

1. Best song STRACHAN by The Hitchers
see video below
2, Best Referee song THE REFEREES ALPHABET by Half Man Half Biscuit
The Referee\'s Alphabet Half Man Half Biscuit
3. Best World Cup Song WORLD IN MOTION by New Order
World in Motion
4. Best Crowd Song OLE! by The Bouncing Souls
Ole! The Bouncing Souls
5. Best Film Theme THE GREAT ESCAPE Theme Tune
THE GREAT ESCAPE theme tune
6. Best Pop Song BORN IN ENGLAND by Twisted X
Born in England Twisted X

THE NEXT SIX BEST FOOTBALL (SOCCER) SONGS

My favourite all time football song has got to be Strachan released in 1999 by Irish band The Hitchers. The lyrics are fabulous, six minutes of pure brilliance, whatever happened to them?

Here’s an extract from their lyrics:

She waited for the match to start to start a fight up with me.
She said, “what’s that you’re watching?”, “It’s a Programme about art”.
She said, “A Programme about art?”, I said “A programme about art”
and then the greatest midfield artist of them all walked out onto the park.
The crowd were on their feet and they whistled and they cheered

Here’s their video

Soccer Skills and Drills

About these ads

i think it should be there are song for universal for foot ball,couse foot ball is the unity for all,especially or PEACE…..

Comment by agus

still reviewing ‘em…:)

Comment by Kale Kutnyak

[...] ad, sultans of ping, three lions I’ve had such a lot of feedback since I did my original blog The six best soccer (football) songs ever that I’ve had to come up with another six just to keep everyone happy. And, yes I know, there [...]

Pingback by The next 6 best soccer (football) songs ever « Soccer Coaching Blog | Professional Soccer Coaching Advice

[...] had such a lot of feedback since I did my original blog The six best soccer (football) songs ever that I’ve had to come up with another six just to keep everyone happy. And, yes I know, there [...]

Pingback by The next 6 best soccer (football) songs ever | Football Coaching

[...] that there are people out there who would choose soccer as a religion, and there most certainly are songs about soccer, books about soccer and movies about [...]

Pingback by Soccer: Just a Game for Peaceful Nations? « Slosoccerblog's Blog

Best football song? Have a listen to this…..

Comment by Emily

“Endless Journey” stunning!

Comment by emily

Seems to be a lack of decent England songs around – considering we are going to the world cup – but I did hear this on YouTube -http://alturl.com/urco

Comment by jol

Thanks for such informative blog about the Football songs. it really prove worthwhile in my Watch NCAA Football Online business.Thanks again.

Comment by Natt

Hi there! Would you mind if I share your blog with my twitter group?
There’s a lot of people that I think would really appreciate your content. Please let me know. Thanks

Comment by BJHNAD

Hi you can with your twitter group yes

Comment by David Clarke

An outstanding share! I have just forwarded this
onto a co-worker who was doing a little homework on this.

And he in fact ordered me lunch due to the
fact that I found it for him… lol. So let me reword this….
Thanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this topic here on your web site.

Comment by http://blakepl.us

Great information again. I will spread via
my social media accounts.

Comment by zavvi discount vouchers

Best crowd song has to be YNWA (not to be confused with the hit song by the Village People) especially at Anfield or Celtic Park…nothing else even comes close

Best World Cup song: Carnivale de Paris

Best hit song written about/for a football team: You’re in my heart (Rod Stewart)

Best song by a footballer: Fog on the Tyne (Gazza)

cheerio